Pathfinder Advisors was established by Steve Clark and Stuart Ayling to provide business owners with an integrated, innovative and effective approach to reach their business goals.
Small business management consultants and accountants
Throughout their business management careers Steve and Stuart have worked in and for international organisations, local businesses, family-owned operations and national companies operating Australia-wide and overseas.
Their responsibilities have included management capacities in a diversity of industry sectors such as pharmaceutical, petroleum, jewellery, industrial products, steel fabrication, food and beverage manufacturing, commercial joint ventures and civil construction.
They have also operated their own successful consultancy, training and coaching businesses for the last 15 years. Over this time they have worked with hundreds of business owners, families in business, and employee teams to identify improvement opportunities, introduce effective business development activities, and produce tangible returns for clients.
Stuart Ayling, Principal Advisor
Stuart holds a Bachelor of Business (Marketing, University of Western Sydney) and a Graduate Certificate in Management (International Business, University of Queensland).
In addition to his consulting and training work Stuart has:
- Held field sales roles winning sales in the millions of dollars.
- Held multiple Marketing Manager positions, leading teams of marketing specialists.
- Been a Sales Manager within the industrial products sector.
- Managed a distribution centre including staffing, financial reporting and revenue responsibilities.
- Recruited and managed franchisees and conducted regular business performance reviews in a multinational franchise group.
- Taught marketing and personal selling courses for a number of semesters at the prestigious University of Queensland Business School.
Through his consulting and training projects Stuart has worked with major organisations such as Uniting Care Communities, Linfox Armaguard, Schneider Electric, and Gulf Investment Corporation (Kuwait).
Stuart has also presented keynote sessions at numerous corporate retreats, annual conferences, and peak industry groups including Queensland Law Society, Club Managers Association, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, and the Middle East Sales and Marketing Conference (Dubai).
Steve Clark, Principal Advisor
Steve holds a Bachelor in Business Studies (Monash University, Victoria), qualified as a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) and is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation. As a result Steve has an interesting mix of both technical and people skills.
From 1980 to 2000 he embarked on what became a 20 year working holiday embracing countries as diverse as Papua New Guinea, United Kingdom, Qatar, Philippines and Thailand. Along the way he also found time to find a wife and have three children!
Some highlights of Steve’s working journey are:
- Five years as a Commercial Manager for a Sheik in Doha, Qatar looking after his interests in Oil Trading, Joint Ventures and Construction.
- Eight years with Arnott’s Biscuits in Papua New Guinea and Brisbane as Financial Controller and Company Secretary for the PNG operations.
- Three years buying, selling, merging and divesting of bakery assets in PNG as part of a large re-structure.
- Three years as Financial Controller for Pacific Industries in Rabaul PNG who held the PNG franchise for Coca Cola.
Steve prides himself in having a very pragmatic and hands on approach to solving business problems. In particular he has had great success in helping to create and implement innovative strategic, cultural and performance improvement initiatives into a wide variety of businesses.
Kane Munro, Accounting Advisor
Kane holds a Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) and is a Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) who uses the right tools, from the growing crowd of digital tools, to bring real outcomes to clients.
With experience in large accounting firms (including the Big 4) Kane has significiant experience including:
- Building close relationships with business owners and operators to discover, implement and monitor key financial strategies for success.
- Serving as Virtual CFO for a number of large clients.
- Working with clients across a variety of industries to provide real time accounting and taxation services.
- Managing a staff of over 80 professionals to deliver results simultaneously.
- Ensuring 100% lodgement compliance across a broad range of business types.
With a diverse range of knowledge and skills across finance, technology and soft skills Kane can manage multi-disciplinary projects to provide unique solutions to clients from the highest of high end firms to the smallest of long tail SME’s and everything in between.
Kane has also presented keynote sessions at numerous conferences and industry groups including the Australia and New Zealand Institute of Charted Accountants, Smithink Consultants and CPA Australia.
Would you like to know more? Contact us