Increase team performance, improve employee engagement and retention,
and help every team member be the best they can be.
Next training course in Brisbane starts 23rd Nov 2018
All managers, no matter what their level of seniority, need to be capable of coaching their team members to improve performance and self-direction. Yet most managers never receive training in how to conduct effective coaching conversations.
And because they lack awareness of when and how to coach their team, managers miss important coaching opportunities that could develop staff capabilities.
As a manager or team leader:
- Have you struggled with getting team members to be proactive?
- Ever been frustrated with staff asking you the same questions over and over (when they really should know the answer themselves)?
- Do you feel like everyone relies on you to be able to do their work, and that you’re the bottle-neck preventing better performance?
- Would you like to have a more engaged team who know what they need to do, and take action on their own?
- Would you like to be a more effective manager and leader?
Running faster trying to do more quicker isn’t the answer
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that if you could only “take bigger bites and chew faster” you’d be able to achieve more. That’s a road to burnout and lost productivity. The answer is to develop your team so they know their goals and receive regular support and guidance to help them keep improving.
Successful managers learn how to use coaching as a communications tool to help their team members identify new options and be accountable for their own progress.
Master your coaching conversations and see positive improvement in your team
This 3-stage program commences with a one day interactive workshop that will open your eyes to the opportunities to use coaching as a highly effective management tool. This program will help you understand the PROCESS and the PSYCHOLOGY of effective coaching so you can be more confident and really help your team to achieve their goals..
Improvement Guarantee: Every participant will receive personal support via 3 private coaching calls over 9 weeks following the workshop. These coaching calls will focus on applying the techniques needed to be an effective coach. PLUS a 3-hour Implementation Review lunch where group learnings are shared and progress reviewed. We want you to succeed!
Who is this program for?
This professional development program is ideal for people who manage 6 or more team members, and who would like to work at a higher level to help their team members be more effective and achieve their goals:
- Managers and supervisors
- Team leaders
- General managers
- Sales managers
- Production managers
- Branch managers
- Business owners
This program is designed for people who are in a management role, managing or supervising other employees, where they can apply the techniques and skills to interactions with their team members. To maintain the quality of the learning experience for all participants we will not accept registration from anyone who is not in a management or supervisory role. If you would like to discuss if your situation is eligible please contact us.
Our Coaching Skills for Managers training course isn’t the standard, boring, one-off session. Participants will be actively involved during the workshop day as well as for a 3 month period afterwards while they apply their newly acquired coaching techniques in their work place.
- Full-day Workshop: Friday 23rd November 2018
- Implementation Review lunch: Thursday 21st February 2019
- Pre-workshop input and reflection activity
- A professionally facilitated interactive full-day small group workshop
- The facilitators meeting with the participants direct manager to communicate key aspects of the program
- 3 x personal coaching calls via phone or video call to support each participant in applying coaching techniques
- A catered 3-hour Implementation Review lunch for peer group learnings and progress review.
At this Coaching Skills for Managers training course you will learn:
- What coaching is really about – and what it is not!
- The psychology behind coaching and why it works
- Specific types of business impact you can achieve from coaching
- The role of the coach (and our 12 top coaching outcomes)
- Personal attributes of successful coaches
- The 8 steps in the coaching process – and how to use each step for maximum impact
- Core coaching skills including: coaching ‘presence’, listening, challenging, problem solving, and more…
- Understanding the 4 major communication styles
- Recognising the perspective of different generational cohorts
- Understanding ethical influence and how to use it with your team and colleagues
- Plus, a copy of the Ultimate Coaching Question Guide with specific questions to ask in 25 different workplace situations
Throughout the program you will have the opportunity to work on your own coaching situations as well as interact with other participants in small group activities. Part of the Stage 1 workshop involves participating in safe and friendly coaching simulations with your fellow participants where we put the techniques and skills into practice.
About your Coaching Skills for Managers facilitators
This program is jointly facilitated by two highly experienced business coaches who each have extensive involvement in coaching, advising and supporting managers across a wide variety of industry sectors over the last 15 years.
Steve Clark is a co-founder of Pathfinder Advisors and holds a Bachelor in Business Studies (Monash University, Victoria), qualified as a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) and is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation. As a result Steve has an interesting mix of both technical and people skills.
Steve prides himself in having a very pragmatic and hands on approach to solving business problems. In particular he has had great success in helping to create and implement innovative strategic, cultural and performance improvement initiatives into a wide variety of businesses.
Stuart Ayling, co-founder at Pathfinder Advisors, is a specialist in business communication.
Over the last 15 years he has helped thousands of people across Australia, South-East Asia and the Middle East to increase their personal capability, enhance business and workplace relationships, and improve their effectiveness in their role.
Our training programs incorporate proven proprietary methodologies based on practical experience and current findings in the fields of psychology and learning.
Bookings now open:
Coaching Skills for Managers in Brisbane – Next Program Commences Friday 23rd November
Can’t attend the scheduled dates?
If you’re interested in attending future programs please let us know and well keep you informed of our training schedule for 2019.
Customised in-house training options are available for groups of 6 or more. This is a cost effective option for group training for managers who need to improve the performance of their team.
If you have any questions about this event please get in touch.