Learn how to ethically persuade others to be committed, proactive and take action.
The ability to communicate a message in a powerful yet succinct way to ethically influence desired action and behaviour is one of the greatest skills we can acquire.
Anyone who has any experience either as a business leader, parent or partner will know the folly in 2017 of trying to force your views and intent on others and getting a sustainable outcome. It’s simply not going to happen.
You may be fortunate to receive a positive short term result in your favour due to fear, intimidation or coercion, but most people will bear a grudge into the future.
We all like following our own ideas
We are more likely to agree to a course of action if we have had the opportunity to consider it and take it on board, like it’s a suggestion you have made yourself. There are skills and techniques to allow this to happen as opposed to simply using authority and power to influence behaviour.
‘Influence’ is communication with a purpose
How is influence different to normal communication? Influence is different to communication or conversation due to the nature of the intent. A conversation may be a friendly idle talk or catch up chatter. Conversations and communications take place each and every day but most of those do not require a change of opinion, attitude or behaviour resulting from it. Influence is a conversation or communication with a purpose.
The purpose of an influential encounter is usually that I need you to change or modify your behaviour in some way. Just how I do that and what methods of communication and influence I use will be dependent on the circumstances and how difficult and/or large the influencing challenge is.
At the heart of change lies the art of influence
Do you struggle to:
- Get your team, or other people, to both recognise the need for change and to adapt to that change?
- Deliver your message in such a way the audience is inspired to rally behind the message and take action?
- Sell your ideas to a sometimes sceptical audience?
Or see symptoms of ineffective influence such as:
- Flawed implementation
- People being puzzled and unclear
- People going through the motions for a while and then slipping back into old habits
- Team members being an active or passive roadblock to change
Who should attend?
This one-day highly interactive workshop is designed for anyone in a business who has the responsibility of getting a message through to others, with them accepting it and taking action.
- Business owners
- Team leaders
- Front line managers
- Practice managers
- Office managers
- Work group leader
- … anyone who struggles to communicate their message in a way that has impact.
This workshop would also be ideal for a company that is considering significant change or that will be undergoing a formal change process.
What we cover at the workshop
Throughout the day you will have the opportunity to work on your own opportunities for influence as well as interact with other participants in small group activities. You will discover and learn how to apply:
- The 6 universal principles that influence behaviour in everyday life.
- The 7 weapons of influence uniquely designed by Pathfinder Advisors, including when to apply and how to deliver them.
- How to incorporate simple stories into your message to truly engage your audience.
Other benefits from attending this workshop will be:
- Understand and overcome the five universal subconscious objections any team member will have before moving to an acceptance of what you say.
- Ensuring your team is united around a common purpose and goal.
- Improving overall communication and working relationships.
- Creating your own influence strategy and action plan relevant for use in your situations.
About your Master of Influence facilitators
Steve Clark, co-founder of Pathfinder Advisors, is a specialist in combining the science of process with the biology of human behaviour. He understands the motivation and human drives that lead people to make lasting behavioural change. This workshop is a combination of exploring that knowledge combined with simple yet effective implementation and embedding tools.
Stuart Ayling, co-founder of Pathfinder Advisors, is a specialist in business-to-business sales communication. Over the last 15 years he has helped thousands of people across Australia, South-East Asia and the Middle East to increase their sales, enhance client relationships, and improve their effectiveness in generating new business.
Bookings now open:
On your premises or suitable off-site meeting space.
Contact us to discuss options for your team.
- Full-day masterclass facilitated by experienced professional trainer
- Instructional workbook so you can add your own notes and insights
We look forward to seeing you!
If you have any questions about this event please get in touch.